Last Updated: November 22, 2022
By “personal information,” we mean information that uniquely identifies an individual, such as your name, email address, or government-issued identification number (such as your driver’s license number or social security number); your unique financial information, such as your credit card number; and information that we link to your unique identifier(s) or unique financial information. If information is de-linked or de-identified, we do not consider it to be personal information. For example, your postal address would not be personal information if it were included in a list of addresses without names or other unique identifiers. Business information (such as the name of a business or the business address or phone number) is not personal information.
Information We Collect
Information You Give to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect your name, email address and other information when you register for an account; make a service request or inquiry (or, if you are a Service Provider, when you respond to a service request or inquiry); make a purchase; request customer support; leave a review about your experiences with Geeker, Service Providers or users; otherwise upload, link or provide content that includes personal information; or subscribe to our promotional marketing programs. If you are a Service Provider, we collect government identification and other personal information necessary for background, reference or other checks and we collect information about your customers in connection with the services you provide to them through the Platform.
Information We Collect Automatically
Automatically collected information includes:
- Log Information. We log information such as IP address, access times, operating system, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), and the web page you visited before navigating to our Platform. We collect information about your use of our website and mobile applications, such as clicks, scrolls, features accessed, access time and frequency, errors generated, performance data, storage utilized, user settings and configurations.
- Usage and Session Information. We collect usage information, such as how many visitors visit a specific page, how long they stay, which links they click on, and how, when and how often they order particular services, and session information, such as mouse actions, pages visited, screen actions and other interaction patterns.
- Device Information. We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Data. If you are using a mobile device, we may collect location data directly from your mobile device if your device allows us to do so. In addition, your IP address may provide an approximate geo-location.
- Transaction Information. When you purchase a product or service, whether from us or from a Service Provider, we collect information about the transaction, such as the date, time and duration of the service.
- Emails. When you receive emails from us, we collect information about whether and when you opened the email, whether you clicked on the images and links in the email, and whether your computer or mobile device is capable of receiving HTML-based email.
Information Collected from Calls
When you call us, when we call you, or when we connect calls between Consumers and Service Providers, including when you provide virtual access to your computer or share your computer screen with Service Providers through the Platform, we may monitor and/or record those calls for quality assurance and customer satisfaction purposes. In those jurisdictions where consent is required for a party to record a call, you consent to us recording such calls. We treat the records of these calls, when linked to your unique identifier(s), as personal information.
Information We Collect from Affiliates and Third Parties
Our Affiliates may provide Geeker with information they collect from their customers and business partners. For example, if you purchase a product or service from an Affiliate, that company may provide your information to Geeker to allow us to offer our services to you.
We may also obtain information from other sources such as companies who partner with us to offer discounts, promotions or Platform services to their customers or users. If you order a Tech Service, we may collect information about you from the Service Provider who fulfills the service request. Service Providers may collect and provide to us personal information relating to you in connection with the services they provide and may include it in a public posting or other user submission on the Platform.
Geeker also obtains personal information from third party data providers and public sources. Geeker may match the personal information you provide directly to us (for example, your email address) with information obtained from other sources (such as your name, telephone number, and mailing address).
When you interact or engage with us on social media sites such as Facebook through posts, comments, questions and other interactions, we may collect such publicly available information, including profile information, to allow us to connect with you, or better understand user reactions and issues. Once collected, this information may remain with us even if you delete it from the social media site(s).
Aggregate and Anonymized Information
How We Use the Information We Collect
In general, we use the information we collect to operate our business, including:
- To provide, maintain, improve and personalize the Platform and the services of our Affiliates.
- To analyze trends, administer our websites, and track visitor navigations on our websites to understand what visitors are looking for.
- To connect users with Service Providers and other companies that receive or help fulfill requests and orders for technology-related products and services.
- To process transactions, to provide and improve customer service, to communicate with you about your account, changes in our policies or other service matters, and to otherwise manage our relationships with our users.
- To market products and services from Geeker and Affiliates, and our and their business partners, to optimize marketing campaigns, and to analyze their effectiveness, distribution and reach.
- To develop new products and services.
- To administer contests, promotions or sweepstakes.
- To detect, investigate and address technical issues, security incidents, fraudulent transactions, abuse, violations of our agreements and policies, and illegal activities.
- To comply with our legal obligations and legal process.
- To create aggregated or de-identified data sets.
- To carry out certain short-term activities and other reasonable internal purposes related to the Platform, the products or services you purchase through the Platform or your ongoing relationship with us.
- To perform other business purposes described at the time the information is collected or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws.
Geeker will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Share Information
Companies Providing Services to Geeker
We share information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers that are providing business services to Geeker. For instance, we may share information about you with a third-party service provider that hosts the Platform, provides call center or other customer service, processes payments, sends out emails, serves ads to you on the Platform or on a third-party platform, or monitors or analyzes Platform data. Such companies will have access to personal information only as necessary to carry out their work and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
We share your personal information when you direct us to do something that requires its disclosure or when you otherwise provide your consent. For example, if you request or inquire about Tech Services through the Platform, we may provide your personal information to Service Providers and the Service Provider’s information to you.
Partners and Others
Partner Programs and Promotions
We share your personal information in connection with our products and services offered to you in conjunction with our partners or in connection with partner programs or promotions. If you request, access or use our Platform services through our partners (which could be an Affiliate or a third party) or if you request, access or use their services through our Platform, both Geeker and the partner may receive your personal information. For example, if you sign up with Geeker, request Platform access or consent to receive communications from Geeker through a partner-promoted or co-branded website or within a partner’s store, Geeker and that partner may share your personal information with each other. We may also disclose your personal information to partners if you participate in their promotion offered through us or you purchase or request information about a partner’s products or services from us. For example, if we offer a discount on a partner product or service through a marketing email or a website link, we may disclose to the partner personal information about our users who contact us or visit the partner’s website or their users who visit our website.
With your express consent, we may also share your personal information with third parties to market their products or services to you directly and otherwise for marketing and promotional purposes.
Companies with Whom You Have an Existing Relationship
Contests and Sweepstakes
When you sign up for and participate in a contest or sweepstakes, we may publicly disclose the name, city and state of winners.
Compliance with Laws and Policies; Protection of Rights
We may disclose your personal information if we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, to cooperate with government or law enforcement, or to avoid legal liability; to resolve complaints or disputes; to investigate and resolve technical issues, security incidents, fraud, abuse, and illegal activities; if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies; or to protect the rights, reputation, safety and property of Geeker or others.
We may disclose personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business or in a bankruptcy, liquidation, dissolution or similar transaction. In the event that we or all of our assets are acquired in such a transaction, our collected information would be one of the transferred assets.
We do not consider the business information of Service Providers to be personal information. Accordingly, we may share Service Providers’ business names, owner/proprietor names, business contact information and other information with third parties for any purpose.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to restrict access to your personal information and help protect it from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Third-Party Websites or Services
The Geeker website may contain links to other third-party websites and services, either directly or through advertisements on Geeker’s website. Geeker is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites operated by third parties, including our advertising partners and networks. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party websites and services before providing any information to them.
Managing Your Personal Information
You may access, update and correct your online account information at any time by logging into your online account and updating your preferences. If you wish to delete your online account, please email us at [email protected]. Please note that, even if your account is deleted, information that you chose to provide in a public area of the Platform (such as reviews) will remain visible to the public and may remain in the accounts of or be otherwise retained by users, Service Providers and other third parties with whom such information has been shared, and we may retain your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information.
You may also request to access information or to update or correct inaccurate information by emailing us at [email protected].
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Platform.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics when using our web-based services, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Receiving promotional calls, text (SMS) messages, emails and direct mail from Geeker is completely voluntary, and you may opt out at any time. To opt out of promotional communications from Geeker, you can contact Geeker customer service at (800) 371 4497 or email [email protected]. You can also opt out of receiving promotional emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, and you can opt out of promotional text (SMS) messages by texting STOP. You may receive a final email or text message confirming your opt-out. Message and data rates may apply. Please allow up to 10 business days to process any opt-out request.
Please note that even if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as emails about site outages, your online account or service requests that you have submitted.
Communications By Third Parties
To opt out from receiving promotional communications from an Affiliate or other third party, or to make requests regarding your personal information or other information held by them, you should contact them directly.
Children and Our Platform
Our Platform is not directed to children, and you may not use our Platform if you are under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 18, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files.
Geeker retains personal information as long as it is needed for business or legal purposes.
Governing Law; Visitors Residing Outside the United States
Notice For Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
We do not engage in such activity, and we do not believe that our activities presently subject us to that provision of Nevada law; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has registered for an account on the Platform, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by send an email to [email protected]. Please note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
Additional Information or Assistance
6 Melnick Dr, Unit 107
Monsey, NY 10952